" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Friday, August 28, 2009

Charity Event Tomorrow Afternoon!

Ever thought of helping someone a little less fortunate out? Well now is your chance. One of my co-workers best friends wife (did you get that?) Julie Neff, a 33-year old mother of two (ages 4 and 8 months), was recently diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of breast cancer. She was told that the cancer had spread to her spine and ovaries and that there would be no cure, giving her approximately two years to live.
There are few treatment options available and her family needs a miracle in order to save her life. Julie wants nothing more than to raise her beautiful children and grow old with her husband. She is determined to overcome this life-and-death struggle, but she needs your help. Julie is currently undergoing treatment that has left her tired and frail, and the medical bills are staggering. Together we can help her combat this terrible disease and give her peace of mind while she fights for her life.
To meet her financial needs we are raising money in order to provide her with the treatment that she requires.
A fundraiser will be held on August 29, 2009 in Riverton, UT. There will be a raffle, games, food and more. The more people attend, the more money we can raise to help this young family.
August 29, 2009 from 10 AM to 5 pm
Dr. Roi Hardy Park (12400 S 1200 W)
Riverton, UT

1 Love Notes:

me said...

Oh Shelby. I read that and got sick to my stomach. I will pray for her. That is heart breaking. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling at the thought of leaving her children and husband. I feel so blessed. She is so young. My goodness this breaks my heart.