" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, August 17, 2009

Birthday Fun.

Don’t worry…I am still catching up on our July festivities. We also celebrated my 26th birthday!!! I never have been scared of growing old or getting wrinkles that just add to my life story. But for some reason, “26” just isnt the same as “25” – I feel like I am actually growing up (yes, it did take me this long to figure it out). But I feel like I look in the mirror all too often now and try to see if any new wrinkles have shown up around my eyes…seriously, what is wrong with me? Casey thinks I am crazy, I think I just need to get over it and get back to my “wrinkles add charchter and add to my life story” feelings…hmmm we’ll see. However, besides the fact that I actually notice my ‘smile’ wrinkles now – whats the big deal about getting old? I recently wrote in my jornal about (now this is just how I feel), if I don’t have any regrets about what I do today, another day older shouldn’t have an impact on me. Do you agree? I honestly think that is true…Live today and a new adventure will begin tomorrow. I am so blessed for the many AMAZING things that I have already got to do and experience. The heartbreaks that have happened within my family has only made us closer and more aware of the love we have for each other. I cant wait for Casey and I to start having kids and share our grand adventures with them! I hope they think they are as “Grand” as we do!
Well, like the past 2 years, my work summer party fell on the same night as my birthday…some may get annoyed with this, but I actually enjoy it. I love and respect so many in my company that spending that evening with them made it even better. This year we went to Clarks Planatarium. We ate dinner, mingled and enjoyed one of the shows…cant remember what it was called, but we had tons of fun…especially wearing these:

HAHA -
Anyway, I came home before the party and was welcomed with this beatuiful bouqet of flowers...Casey always gets beautiful ones!

The next morning Casey made me a small breakfast in bed (although he does this every Sunday anyway) and later in the afternoon we headed out to Tucanos - our little family ritual for birthdays! So delicious!

3 Love Notes:

kalie said...

Hi luvlee girl! Happy birthday! I don't see any wrinkles in those pictures... you look beautiful!

me said...

I am with you on the wrinkle thing. I am anti-tanning now because of it. Call me whitey but I will not have wrinkles... (maybe)

Erin said...

Flowers are a must for birthdays. I think we might need to make Tucanos a part of our birthday celebrations (especially since Steve served his mission in Brazil!) Happy Belated Birthday!