" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kicken off the 4th!

We started the needed LOOOONNNGGG 4th of July weekend off by going to Hollie and Russ’ family cabin down south. We had tons of fun…even sleeping in the back of the Xterra! Everyone else either slept in the Cabin or out in their tents, but seeing that we were the only ones without little ones, Casey and I toughed it out with the seats down and changing in the car with the windows down!
Right when we got there, Casey of course wanted to jump right on the 4-wheelers and head out, which is exactly what we did – I love sitting on the back with the wind and dirt in my hair and eyes! – There really is no sarcasm in that comment, I have always been known as the one that enjoys to get dirty while camping! Oh, and Casey always thinks it is hilarious to go off these jumps, where I swear one day I will be thrown off the back…until then, I will let him enjoy doing so!

Casey and I.
That night we had each prepared a tin foil dinner, Casey did ours. We had steak and amazingly flavored potatoes - nice work babe, it was delicious!

Casey's dad Kendall.
But before dinner, Casey and Hollie needed to take some of the kiddos that wanted to on a quick ride before we headed back out!

- I hate to tell ya, but I truely think Casey is one of little Kendall's favorite people! I think this picture is adorable!

Hollie and Britta.
As we were waiting for our tin foil dinners to be cooked, Hollie and Kristen and Casey and I took off for another ride - It was beautiful watching the sunset and exploring tight trails...At one point we saw this sheep dog just starring at us, it was so bizzare...little did we know and soon found out, that he was rounding up the straggeling sheep to get them back with the herd! A little later we ran in to where hundreds of hundreds of sheep were resting and the two other sheep dogs - i was quite impressed with these smart dogs and their ability to take control of ALL those sheep! However, we could tell that those old dogs were quite diappointed in us as we drove through their herd and becuase of the loud noise the 4-wheelers were making, were scattering the sheep in all different directions...I felt bad for those hard working dogs, oh well. At one point we were on this really narrow path and had to stop becuase of all the sheep in front of us, as we sat there dozens of sheep starting jump from the bushes in front and behind us - they were paniced that we were going to hurt them, it was kind of sad. I didnt have a camera with me and I wish I had becuase of how funny the situation really was...but as Casey and I were leaving the next morning, we saw this...

Now, this picture really doesnt do it justice...but imagin like 5 times this many sheep and being on a 4 foot wide dirt path with them EVERYWHERE!!! It was hilarious!
Anyway, Casey had fun with the bow and arrows showing off his mad skills and killing us all at darts - its funny those little things you find out that your spouse is good at the longer you are together - I was impressed! He was like25 yards away from a bush and put a Dr. Pepper can in the bush and would just nail it with his arrow!

It was a nice 2 day camping trip filled with good eats, card games, one too many roasted mallows and lots of 4-wheeling!
Thanks Hollie and Russ for the fun getaway!

5 Love Notes:

Erin said...

What a fun trip! All those sheep must have made you feel like you were in Scotland or something! Tin foil dinners are what camping is all about. Good times!

me said...

Looks fun!

Did I ever tell you about the night Nate and I slept in the back of a pickup truck down in Mexico when we visited Grandpa? The Xterra sounds like heaven! I was pregnant with T and didn't know it- I woke up at 4am puking... thankfully all I had to do was hang my head over the tailgate!

Love the sheep.

Lauren said...

Haha I love the sheep pic! That sounds like a blast. I will e-mail the marmalade recipe, totally easy and yummy!

The Downs Family said...

How fun! I would never imagine running into a bunch of sheep while camping, but anythings possible I guess lol :)

Hollie said...

Glad you guys came. That was probably one of the funnest 4-wheeler rides I've had.