" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, August 24, 2009

Yellowstone


While my grandparents were in town, my dad and I took them on a little weekend trip to Yellowstone. I haven’t been there in quite a few years, so it was fun to go again. The drive there and back was even entertaining as your scenery is all pastors or crops – my grandparents loved every second of the view.
As we entered Yellowstone, not even 5 minutes in, we saw this HUGE nest and Bald Eagle! It was beautiful, I gained a love for this animal from my other Grandpa who passed away not too long ago and I couldn’t help of think of how excited he would have been to see it. He would have been so proud that I spotted it and hurried out to get a picture (don’t you think Carrie?).
We drove the lower loop of Yellowstone so they could see “Old Faithful” - Papa wasn’t too impressed with Old Faithful, as we were told it should last between 3 and 5 minutes, and it only lasted about 30 seconds…hahaha! Too funny! Grandma however, just absolutely enjoys seeing new things and doesn’t care if it is lame or not, what a good reminder!



The scenery was so beautiful and felt so good to just drive with the windows down and enjoy it! We pulled over in just about every pull-out possible just to “look” and we were always grateful for doing it, not once were we disappointed!


My favorite scenic stop was this…

It made me homesick for Casey, but this lake was stunning and I all I wanted to do was JUMP IN!
When I was doing some research on Yellowstone, trying to find some fun and different things to do, I found that right outside the entrance to Yellowstone and just 2 blocks from our hotel was The Grizzly and Wolf Discover Center – sweet buddy! This place was awesome! And if you have older kids, I highly recommend it! The switch the bears out twice a day and every evening before they switch in the new ones, the get a group of about 20 kids and let them go into the bears ‘cage’ and hide their food. Then they let the bears out and we all get to watch them try to find their food. I seriously sat there and watched for about a hour and could have stayed longer. Then they have an exhibit inside with stuffed bears and it tells you the story of each one. It is kind of sad but so interesting! You need to go!

3 Love Notes:

Erin said...

I haven't been there in like 15 years. That picture with you by the lake is stunning. What a beautiful area! That bear place sounds awesome...forget the kids, my husband would want to do that!

Anika said...

Oh my gosh! How beautiful! I can't believe the size of that bear! Yellowstone is amazing!

me said...

Grandpa would have been proud. He would have done his "proud of you" laugh/chuckle he does when you have made him happy... I can still hear it... and the keys he used to jingle in his pocket.