" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Friday, October 22, 2010

10-10-10 - Cru's Blessing

We blessed Cru on October 10th. It was such a beautiful day. Having been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ my entire life, I have had the opportunity to be surrounded by some amazing Priesthood holders. One of them being my sweet husband. I will never forget the first time I truly felt my husbands sweet spirit and the power he portrayed as I knelt down in prayer with him just 3 days after he returned home from his mission in Nicaragua. I swear up and down that I knew that I would marry Casey when I was in 10th grade - but this was the day I knew it for certainty. This man had the Priesthood, something I wanted my children to have in their home as they grew. Today, was the first, of I am sure many blessings, that Casey gave to his first son.
I sat in amazement at the calmness and sincere heartfelt prayer that was offered up during Cru's blessing - what a lucky boy to have such an amazing father! A father that dreams of the day when they will be 'playing' outside and washing the cars. I father who already gave his whole heart away the minute he saw him for the first time. A father that will drive home for lunch breaks just to see his family and one that will be an amazing example to our entire family...

Casey - Me - Cru
My happy baby
Aunt Alyssa, Nana, Cru and Grampa
Casey - Grandma - Grandpa Bubba - Cru - Me
Papa and Cru

I made Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes...the were delish!!!


4 Love Notes:

Sara said...

Oh! Love the blessing day! You guys have a cute little family! And you look great! Love your hair!! Congrats!

Summer said...

Aw- Congratulations! Wow- those cupcakes are amazing!

Merz said...

How cute! I'm so glad we were able to be apart of Cru's special day! We love you guys

Chels said...

What a fun day! My sis met Cru yesterday and said he was so stinkin' cute! I LOVE blessing day.