" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cru is 2 months

My little man is two months old today and is the sweetest thing ever.
His two months stats:
Weight - 11 pounds 12 ounces (60%ile)
Height - 24 inches (90%ile)
Head - 16 inches (75%ile)

Some of his very favorite things are:

1. Taking a bath - he totally fell alseep in the tub about 2 weeks ago, it was hilarious!
2. Getting his diaper changed - he will be all smiles and have a 'conversation' on the changing table for about 5 minutes each time I change him.

3. Singing the hokie pokie - he thinks its hilarious when I do it to his left foot.

4. Riding in the car.

5. Being outside when the wind is blowing.

6. His snuggie - I honestly think these really do increase a baby's sleep time.


Some of Cru's milestones this last month:

1. He started smiling at 5 weeks.
2. We are one week in of him sleeping through the night at 8 1/2 weeks.

3. This last week he has discovered his toes - he wont touch them, he will just sit there and stare at them.

Some of the things I have learned becoming a mom.

1. That if I could get down 5 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant, I would honestly consider getting pregnant right now.

2. The love a mother has for her child is undescribable.

3. 3:00 am feedings, really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. In fact, I loved looking forward to seeing his smiling face when we were done as I laid him back in his crib. He got me a couple of times though, me feeling bad for leaving him so happy, all alone - so I rocked him to sleep instead.

4. A Breast Pump was seriously God's gift to me. I was so engorged after about 4 weeks of breastfeeding so I decided to breast feed than pump - I got 8 ounces after I had just fed my baby!!! Now, I have a freezer full of milk!

5. There is nothing sexier than watching my husband interact with our son. I honestly believe he is the best husband and father.

6. You can never have enough diapers. However, those huggies that have the 'wet line' are AMAZING! Why do they only put those on Newborn diapers?

7. 7 hours can pass and you can realize...I haven't even put my baby down!...or eaten, or gone to the bathroom.

8. C-Sections secretly aren't fun recovering from.

9. Asking anyone who wants to even touch my baby's hand to put sanitizer on, is totally worth it.

10. Being an anal and over-protective mom comes very natural to me.

11. Being peed on, isn't bad at all.

12. Loving on my hubby after the babe is alseep, is sexier than it ever has been - TMI? Probably, but I had to include it.

13. Stretch marks on my stomache, are worth the prized possesion that they came with - If he would have come on time, I wouldn't have any - but, he liked it in there.

14. Bottle warmers are a pumping moms best friend. Seriously!

15. My own mother has always been my best friend, but a new love and respect for her grew as soon as I held my own child.

4 Love Notes:

Erin said...

Just about everything on your list a mom knows is so true! Cru really is a very handsome baby...I'm not just saying that. So glad you are all happy and loving this time!

Megs said...

Oh my gosh! He is way cute!

And you are soooo lucky! Tucker didn't start sleeping through the night until he was a year old!

Haha! I was suddenly an anal over-protective mom as well. I didn't even know I had it in me.

The Downs Family said...

He is ADORABLE Rachelle! I love your blog posts :) You just crack me up! I'm so glad you are happy being a mommy is really the best! What a good idea with the blog just for letters! I might just have to copy that idea. I always have so much on my mind that I want to remember, and Ive tried to keep a hand written journal and it just wasn't that easy. Maybe Ill give it a try!

Jacob Butler said...

I know I'm a little late, but congrats on your baby. He is so guapo! Hope all is well.