" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TMI? You betch-ya. A girls only post (-:

My very best friend growing up (no, I am not referring to Casey thank you) and I have been spending a lot more time lately than we have in quite a while. Its nice to get ‘reacquainted’ and hear stories that the two of us may have missed out on in each other’s lives the past few years and even reminiscing things we did together…Her name? Well, for now it is going to remain disclosed until I seek her approval.

Last night, we went to Chipotle for dinner. We told the hubbies that we were going out to do a little Valentine’s Day shopping…Well at least that is what I told Casey. He knew exactly what that meant – VICTORIAS SECRET – as soon as I told him he said, “You better come back with something!!!”. My friend, told her husband that we were going “V-Day shopping” his first response was, “What is that? Like Vagina shopping?” --- FREAKING hilarious!!! I giggle every time I replay that conversation in my head.

Now girls, I must tell you – that if you are planning on surprising your husbands with a little somethin somethin, you better go shopping now, things are starting to get picked over. Just a little FYI. You are welcome.

Anyway, we first hit up Dillards. She bought some cute new shoes to go with a new darling dress she received for her birthday, I was jealous. Everyone keeps telling me, that my feet are going to grow. So I am trying to resist.

Then we were off, you know – to that place that is SOOOO dang good at making anyone feel better about their bodies. Well at least I think so and no, I wasn’t exaggerating. Minus the jumbo size half naked gorgeous models all over the walls that make you think – what if my legs looked like that? Oh wait, they’re all air-brushed anyway, so I don’t mind at all.

We picked out a few ‘sexies’ if you will – we couldn’t help but laugh at a few of the panites that matched. I found this DARLING hot pink one off set with this orangey-pink color. It was different and I loved it. I tired that one on last. Now don’t think I am a freak…I actually have a ‘wish-list’ to the beloved “VS” store, when I found one that was on that beloved list in pink I was all too excited. Of course I grabbed it. I tried this one on first. I couldn’t help but notice, looking at myself in the full size mirror with the HOT PINK neon letters lining the top of it stating “STRIP” (PS – I totally want one of those in my closet). That my body, already doesn’t look like it use to. My wish list item, remember, the first one I tried on – didn’t look like it did 4 months ago, you see…it pulled right under my belly button and in return was too loose on the sides – it was one of those monokini (not sure how to spell that) style waist ones. The best thing about it looking different (and when I say different, I mean not nearly as sexy as it once did) – Is that I loved that it didn’t. I totally checked myself out in the mirror.

I examined every inch in fact, if you want me to be honest. I first noticed my waist. I already knew I was getting bigger, I mean how can you not when your buttons on your skinny jeans are about to pop? I have these new found love handle type things that sit just to the left and right of my little 4 month baby bump. My thighs, they aren’t toned anymore at all and I have even been riding the bike, and they have a perfect porcelain color (as in, not a smidgen of tan or even fake tanner at all). At the front of my armpits, I have a roll – on each one of them. You know what I am talking about right? You put on your bra, the one that gives you a little lift and all of a sudden, BAM a roll by your armpit, the part that connects with your boobage. My bum cheeks are bigger but actually look a little perky. My face cheeks are a little chubby and I have this weird uneven skin tone thing going on with them. And last but not least, my boobs are already a full cup size bigger. Why am I telling you EVERY ONE of my newly discovered ‘flaws’ as some of you may be thinking in your head…well, it’s because I don’t think they are flaws at all. I am PROUD of every new pound and roll that I have put on in the last 4 months. The most amazing little miracle is happening inside of me and I can’t be more ecstatic about this baby joining mine and Casey’s family. The scale is going to keep getting higher and I swear that I am going to weigh as much as my six foot husband does come July – but last night, I have come to terms that I am completely okay with that. I am okay that every inch that I have always been proud to call mine on my body is changing (meaning getting bigger) and I even am liking parts more that I didn’t like 4 months ago.

I took off the first ‘wish list’ item and chose not to get that one. I didn’t like how it sagged on my hips.

I tried a black lacy one on next. I got a large. It fit perfect everywhere but where my boobs were to be perfectly placed, were like a -A cup size that wouldn’t fit anyone. They need to fix that.

Lastly, I tried on the DARLING one. And loved EVERYTHING about it. SOLD! It extenuated my baby bump and I felt completely and utterly beautiful in it. The only problem…the price tag read $78.

Casey came up behind me on Sunday as I was standing in front of the mirror getting ready, he carefully wrapped his arms around me and placed his hands tenderly on my stomach. He kissed my cheek and said, “I have been dreaming about you being pregnant since my mission”. He too, loves that my body is changing and I love him even more for that.

So to all you mothers out there and soon to be mothers...many of you are much to harsh on your beautiful bodies and I think - you should be proud of what you "NOW" look like. Your husbands, probably dont even notice your flaws and in fact, he probably thinks they are sexy until you start bashing and complaining about it. So dont do it and be confident!!!

11 Love Notes:

NatRat said...

This was cute Rachelle! One of the best things about being pregnant is that you don't have to worry about your body, enjoy the time you have a little special someone growing in your tummy, enjoy the yummy food that you can have and don't feel guilty about it, it can all come off...it is dang hard but it can come off. I think I got to 215 with Peiton and 210 with Coop, oh yeah...sign me up for the NFL! I am proud of it!

Amylee said...

Amen! I have always felt that way. I hate all the pressure that society puts on women to look a certain way. I think women are beautiful just they way they were made to be! I bet you look amazing. I'm so excited for you and CAsey. I hope you really enjoy your pregnancy (and it seems like you are) because everything about it is such a miracle.

Katie Hodgkiss said...

You are so cute. anyone that says they have tried something on and VS and haven't checked out their entire body is a Liar! We all do it... But I think every women in the world would be so much happier with what they just checked out, if they just thought like you. Thanks for sharing that! Congrats on the Baby by the way. I don't think I ever told you!

Erin said...

Bodies during and after babies are something different! I'm just glad my body works and I can do what I want. Who cares about size and such? Thanks for the reminder. And I haven't been to VS in too long.

Lindsey Sharp said...

I am glad to hear you say this, sometimes I am so baffled by the people complaining about weight gain when pregnant, that is what is suppose to happen!!!


hey if you get this message today, call me!

Hollie said...

I hit 210 with Drew and was large and proud. I love being pregnant too. Cute post, and the A-sized lingerie cup that you said would fit no one, I'm sure would fit my little bumps just great.

The Downs Family said...

So Cute! This is one of the only times in your life when you feel great about gaining weight! It is so amazing what our bodies can do! Pregnancy is the most amazing thing so Im glad to here you are cherishing every moment of your changing body :) Cant wait to find out what that little miracle is!

Stacy said...

That is a sweet post~ I do have to warn you though...when the baby comes out unfortunately the sweet rolls and love handles stay...and then it SUCKS!

Lish or Coors said...

I hate pregnancy for other reasons than weight gain and I second Hollie.......I'm pretty sure I'm barely an A cup. I think it's fabulous though that you can feel like this about your body. I feel like a fool when I wear anything like that, so I just never do it.

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

loved that post! You know it is true...Nathan always tells me how much he loves my baby scars that were left behind after my kiddos. He thinks they are beautiful reminders of what I went through, and the miricle of having a baby grow inside of you. I am so excited for you, you are going to make such a good mommy!