" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, February 22, 2010

Last week?

Last week? Well, the most exciting thing is that I can actually feel the little butterfly movements of our baby in my tummy…they are SO comforting! They help me realize that 1 – My baby is still doing good and 2 – That those feelings are actually our baby moving and not gas bubbles (I’ve been mistaking them for those for 2 weeks now!)
I mostly feel them sitting at my desk at work or late at night laying in bed with Casey watching a movie. I grab Casey’s hand and put it where he is moving, but he still can’t feel them…I can’t wait till he can and he can’t either.
My mom got us our crib and changing table…I am so excited.


My sister-n-law Stacy gave us her Pottery Barn rocking chair… I am so excited.
I just need to get it recovered or a new slip cover – anyone know someone who knows how to do this for a reasonable price? I would love their number!

On a downer note, finding cute boy bedding, is not an easy task. They all have fire trucks or animals or something ‘gay’ on them…my husband is a very manly man and anything somewhat fruity will not be allowed. I decided that I was going to make my own crib skirt and bumper…I’ve already been to all of the shops around town with no success in fabric choices, Ill find 1 fabric I like and the rest of the line is SUPER feminine…nice. Ill keep looking. But seriously, I think I need to be hired to design cute boy stuff!

8 Love Notes:

Erin said...

Baby movements are the best! Try laying on your stomach with Casey's hand on your tummy. With both babies that is how Steve first felt them move.

Amylee said...

There's cute boy stuff around, you just have to search. Dallas was the same way as Casey. Dallas didn't even want me to dress Will in light blue because he thought it was "gay". You eventually just have to give in to some of the stuff- or your kid can just go around naked. Ha ha.

Megs said...

I loved being pregnant! You are making me miss it!

Gary is a manly man too. I did an outdoorsy/nature/hunting/camping/fishing type theme for Tucker's room. Mostly I wish they made stuff for babies that weren't all tacky with weird embroidered stuff all over. I would love to start a line of baby clothes that just looked like adult clothes, but for the little ones.

I love the stuff at this site:

http://www.serenaandlily.com/Rooms/Nursery

They also sell fabric, so if you don't like the baby nursery stuff, you can buy fabric from a boys room collection.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

fun times rachelle...remember how much you loved those little butterflies, when he has little rear end in your ribs!

Hollie said...

Love the movements, it's the best thing about being pregnant. I feel your pain with boy designs, check out pottery barn, they may give you some ideas and I saw some cute boy stuff the other day, wish I could remember where.

Lauren said...

Yea for boys that is so exciting!! I bet you could find a chair slip cover at Down East Home.

NatRat said...

That is the best part of the pregnancy, feeling the baby move. I am so glad you are experiencing that now. I will keep a look out for boy stuff...boy nursery's are hard to decorate.

Sara said...

I have to agree with you! Boy bedding is GAY!! I ended up buying a brown minky bumper for 30 bucks and found a brown and green crib sheet! Pretty boring compared to my girls, but hey our choices are slim! One place we found some "ok" ones was at USA Baby in Taylorsville... I think it is! Check them out they are the only place my husband even considered! Anyways... I love the crib and changing table! So exciting when it all starts coming together!!