" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Friday, February 26, 2010

It went good, and last night...

Seriously, I have some of the sweetest friends! Thanks everyone who called me yesterday to see how the 'big' photography day went. It went really well, and the pictures have already been chosen for the magazine! However, I did have a camera malfunction and all of a sudden my camera decided that it didnt want to work - so I had to use the company one, good thing I brought it along and good thing it held the same battery as my camera cause it was dead! HAHA - But, it was all worth it...and I even found a pair or cute slacks to wear...SUCCESS!
However, last night was even better.
Casey and I went to the Temple with my parents, we hadnt done an actual endowment session in about 5 months. I love getting dressed in white, even though I had to rent a parachute dress cause mine currently doesnt fit, I still felt beautiful. Honestly, I dont think there is anything in the world that makes me feel as wonderful as the Celestial Room does standing there in white with my eternal companion. I love him so!
When we got home, I had a REAL letter in the mailbox, ya know - it wasnt a bill, a magazine or a postcard. A hand written letter.
It was from a missionary. I haven't got a letter from a missionary in a little over 3 1/2 years now. In fact, this month marks the 4th year Ive been home from my own mission.
A letter from a missionary is unmistakable. The 4 lines in the left hand corner with your name written oh so perfectly. It was from a sister missionary. A sister I tought on my own mission. She is now teaching the same message that changed her life 5 years ago. It was 3 pages long and I cried as I read it - she reminded me of the times we took her along to 'help' us teach that sacred message. TMI - I read it in the bathroom and the spirit couldnt have been stronger. I am so happy for her. Sometimes, I really miss being a missionary. I cant wait to be one again some day, and have the same companion for the entire time.
Then, I harldy get on facebook. But I did. I had a message...just from me. It was from Sister Chris informing me that she needed my phone number - because her sweet husband, was finally getting baptized. I served in Lubbock Texas. My mission covered all of west Texas from the border of Mexico, to the top of the pan-handle and then all of east New Mexico. We had TONS of areas...and three times I ended up in the city of Lubbock. I know why. And one of the reasones was for this family. A married mother of 3 and she was the only member in her family. They reminded me of my own little family. He wasnt ready when I was there. But we connected in a way that I cant describe. Here it is 4 years later - and he is getting baptized. I couldnt be more excited for his family.
So cheers to yesterday! For lifting my spirits, for filling my cup, for having my honey and my little 'fluttery' baby and two of the other most important people in my life in the celestial room with me. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

3 Love Notes:

Erin said...

What wonderful day! I know what you mean about serving someday with your best friend. You are terrific!

kalie said...

I love this post. I also love that I found out I am having a boy, and so are you! Your post made me so excited, and now I can share in the boy excitement!

The Downs Family said...

How awesome! I bet you were the best sister missionary ever! I know its cheesy but you really do inspire me :) I hope someday I can be half the great missionary you were!