" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Is it true? Please excuse my forwardness!

***Clarification: None of the below statements are concerns of my own, they have come from blogs that I have read and find it entertaining...so, I don't really need them answered, I was just curious if you had anything you worried or thought about before your babe came.

Is it true that you really forget who you really are once you have kids? Do you really forget what you and your lover did BEFORE that most amazing gift was given to you? Are you really too tired to make love? Do you really need short hair? Do your boobs really get stretch marks and become saggy? Is it really too hard to walk in my darling stilettos at 30+ weeks, or is it more hard or impossible while carrying your child? Is it true that it is hard to travel or just get out of the house? Will my boobs really mean something totally different to my love once I start breastfeeding?
I dont know? Some I dont care much about, others I pray would never happen, and the rest - I am DETERMINED that it WILL NOT happen.
However, I am aware that things are going to dramatically change in what Casey and I think is our PERFECT world. But we are so ready! We are so ready for our son to come into this world, to teach him things, to watch him discover and learn new things. To introduce him to different foods and different point of views and we cant wait to see what extracurricular activites he will choose to do. Will it be soccer, debate, football, cheer???, who knows...but there is a world of possibilities awaiting him and I can't wait to meet him.
So, as I have read the above questions; some on blogs, some shared by family and friends, honestly, the list could go on. I find it entertaining. What were some of your fears/concerns?

7 Love Notes:

me said...

Okay... frankly...for me....

things with nate have only gotten better, have not noticed having kids has made anything worse. in fact, it feels like with every baby we get closer in every way.

your boobs do change with breastfeeding but really they change with pregnancy regardless of breastfeeding, they are going to be different, and have stretch marks, and be saggy... not as bad with the first as the 3rd though.

please don't wear high heels when that pregnant! after, why not? you can balance a baby in heels... but your feet will be bigger so buy bigger shoes.

i always chop my hair after i have a baby. i feel so fat and yucky that i think it is the one thing i can control...

breastfeeding is the hardest part of having a baby when you first start. BUT the most amazing part as you both (Cru and you) start to get it... it hasn't bugged nate at all. AND your boobs will be bigger while you nurse. they will get smaller than when you first start but that could be a plus. you should read the book "So THAT'S what their for" I think she discusses breastfeeding and sex pretty well.

as far as forgetting who you are. that is a tricky one. you will be different but life takes on MORE meaning. i think i realized the things i thought were me and important were nothing compared to what my life is now. but i am still as immature as ever ;)
was this comment TMI?

Erin said...

I'll address some of your questions. You have to make an effort not to forget who you are. I still play volleyball every week, watch Project Runway, read books, etc. I HAVE to make time for myself. I love my kids more than anything, but I don't only want to be known as Tyler and Hannah's mom.

Yes boobs get bigger and a few stretch marks, but bigger boobs are awesome! My husband has nothing negative to say about them ;) As for intimacy, some nights all you want is sleep, and other nights you don't need as much ;)

It is harder to travel and get out of the house. It is just an adjustment. Instead of just yourself, you have another little person to get ready and such. It didn't take long for me to be able to get all four of us packed for a whole weekend and out the door in under an hour. You'll totally get used to it. The key word with all of this is an adjustment. Give it a little time and you will get used to doing things with a hansome baby boy.

P.S. I still wear my high heels to church carrying a car seat, diaper bag and my purse. You can totally do it!

Lauren said...

Well I never got the benefit of having boobs even when I was prego, so I am not sure about that one:). I don't think making love for me has slowed down a bit, in fact I think it has only intensified over time, honestly. Having our kids has made Nathan and I closer in so many ways. It is harder to get out of the house for me. I don't think you need to chop your hair, in fact my hair was always short before I had kids, and now I like it longer. There are changes, but I think for me they have been good changes. You will make such a good mom though Rachelle, I can't wait to see this little guy!

Lauren said...

As for forgetting yourself....You totally just have to make time for that. I don't think I have forgotten who I was, or who I am.. you do change in someways that it for sure:) I keep my kids on a sleep schedule so that I do have time for myself, and time to spend with Nathan alone. The benefit to this is they get good sleep so that we can be happy and not cranky. My kids go to bed at 6:00 p.m. and then I have the whole evening to do what I would like to do. It is all an adjustment, but you figure it out as you go. Sorry my answers were long! Haha!

Stacy said...

Life changes whether or not you have kids, marriages go through stages, sometimes you lose yourself and then find yourself and you are a lot better for it. It is all a ride, I just try to enjoy every part of it.

NatRat said...

My boobs now have stretch marks...:)

Nancy said...

There are lots of things that are different, some that you won't like, but Cru will make them all better and so worth it all!