" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time to re-evaluate!


For those of you who ‘know’ me and for those of you who don’t… I don’t know why I LOVE to constantly be busy, but the last 4 months (and this may be too much information for some of you!) I have had some sort of nasty teen break out on my chin – I was told by a dermatologist that chin acne is caused by hormones…I took a moment to think of what could possibly be causing me stress, anxiety and who knows what else, and then I opened my planner! I work 40+ hours a week at my loved HealthCare Insight job and I currently have two “side” jobs I’ve picked up for fun…My Photography business that I absolutely LOVE – its more of a hobby than anything, an enjoyed hour with many I don’t know and having a play date with little kids who think I am the coolest lady ever BC I would do absolutely anything to get a smile on there face…and then selling Mary Kay just so I can have all my makeup for free and did I mention that I applied at a store in the mall last week to work an additional 16 hours a week??? What is wrong with me? Needless to say, when I prioritized my life…working my life away wasn’t part of it! I actually got the job, but they wanted me to also work Friday nights and I wasn’t willing to give that night up from my honey!
I don’t know why I constantly think I need to be doing something, there are pros and cons to it indeed! One of the pros are: I can multi task like no buddies business and can get any task done in half of what someone thinks it will take me…But why am I not running out of things to do? And then the con: I don’t have any free play time unless it is scheduled like a week in advance! The Relief Society Presidency came to my house two weeks ago and walked in with me as I was coming home from work…I was having a little anxiety about what the house might look like or if I remembered to fold the blanket up and what not and as we walked in I thought to myself “don’t worry, it doesn’t matter what the house looks like” and to my surprise the two counselors (at the same time) said…”your house is beautiful”, then one continued on saying “It is spotless in here and smells delicious!” What in the world? I stepped back a minute and really looked at my house…it was pretty clean but I could instantly see what needed work! I told Casey about it when he got home from school and he just smiled! He kind of giggled and said that “our house is always like this, you just like freak if one thing is out of place” … Do I have some sort of OCD? This was a wake up call for me!
So Casey and I signed up for Netflix!!! Every other night (or so) is now “Movie Night” at our house…we turn the fire on, grab the pillows and a blanket and make our divine vanilla steamers and snuggle up!!! We usually end up falling asleep…well, at least I do, but for some reason, movies just help you get all that junk out of your head that “you should be doing”! All in all, my “hormonal” acne is finally going away – and there isn’t anything better than snuggling up next to my honey! Now you all know me a little better and some my take this post as “wow” or “this chick has issues” but, what can I say…everyone has the ‘there thing’ right?

8 Love Notes:

Erin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that constantly thinks her house needs cleaning. I just think I can relax more when my house is clean. And the funny thing is, once I have the house cleaned and relax, I have something new to be doing.

Movie night sounds like a brilliant idea. I have no doubt I would fall asleep. My little boy wears me out!

me said...

How do you make your vanilla steamers?

Megs said...

Haha! I am not surprised. You are a busy girl. I don't think you were any different on the mission. Remember when your got a bleeding ulcer. Ya. No more of that--you hear?

Emily said...

Love the blog! And movies good call on that

Merz said...

Geeze crazy! Calm down! Sounds like you have been super busy, no wonder I haven't seen you, I just thought you hated me. Good to know you've just been busy! see you soon. Ps I love netflix too!

NatRat said...

What are vanilla steamers??

Collin and I love to just watch flicks or catch up on our DVR shows at night time. It is our time together. It seems life for us has been a little crazy too and we haven't been able to do it as often, I miss it.

I also get that hormone or stress acne. It drives me crazy!!! I never had to deal with acne growing up, but now that I am 30...I get it every now and again:(

Jessica Peterson said...

wow. you are a busy one. =) i've been super stressed as well and the one thing that works best for me is watching a flick off netflix as well. it has for sure worked for me. =)

Lish or Coors said...

Dude.....seriously have to agree with Nat.....what is up with this adult acne?? It's horrible!! I used to be that way about my house, but once you have kids and realize that you're making yours and their life miserable by having to be perfect all the time.....not worth it.