" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I heart my new ward!

Casey and I moved into our new ward right after they got done “splitting” it and everyone’s faces looked new to everyone anyway…so it has taken a while to get to ‘know’ a lot of the families in our ward…so last Sunday Casey and I ventured out and made some homemade valentine cupcakes and met some of our newly moved in neighbors and visited with some old! We seriously have been blessed with such down to earth neighbors who we think are AWESOME! A lot of our friends and some family complain about there neighbors and we seriously don’t have one to complain about…its great! Our newbie next door neighbors just moved in about a month ago and we were so worried (not really) about who was going to buy that house…the first people that came and looked at it like 20 times had “lds.org” on their license plate and about a bazillion “CTRRU?” “LDSRU?” stickers on their bumper…that was the last thing we wanted, nazi Mormon neighbors! Don’t get me wrong, as if you didn’t know, Casey and I are LDS and have firm testimonies of our faith, but some push it too the extreme and sad to say, those are the ones that judge the most and make our less active friends not want to come to church…lesson today…don’t be that member!!! Anyway, not that I would ever let a person sway me from church, there is nothing in the world that would hold me back from being spiritually fed on Sundays, I enjoy relief society way too much! Oh and if you were curious…me “newbie” neighbors, aren’t the family I just described above…they are darling!
Well, I totally went off on a tangent…I HEART MY NEW WARD!!! Lets get back to that! We have so many amazing ladies in our ward! I swear at least every two weeks we have some kind of activity and they are so fun…last week we met at the church and made these SUPER CUTE vinyl lettering plates for Valentines Day and last night we had a card exchange (which is right down my alley) and I seriously got the cutest cards!!! Talk about some talented people! Then the 12 of us that did it, just sat around and talked like we had all been friends for ever, when in all reality, only three people actually knew each others name at the beginning of the night. It was fun! A much needed girls night out for me, talking about the dumbest things and giggling over everything…I love those nights!
Not to mention that we have 4 nurseries in our ward…yeah that’s right, I said 4!!! And hardly any young men and women. So all the sports that usually go to the young women/men are now formed for the Relief Society and Priesthood…We just finished Basketball and Futsol (that’s soccer, just in case you didn’t know) is next…then come spring, its coed volleyball and softball! Get cooler! I’m totally stoked!
What is even cooler than this…are the testimonies that have been born in our ward the last two months. It is amazing the love our ward has for each other. If you know where I live, that little community that you turn into to come to our house is our ward and that’s it, so everyone always knows what is going on with everyone…As with many families, a lot of people in our ward are going through some tough times with lay offs and not making bills ect and at Christmas time TONS of families donated money to the Bishop to disperse as needed to those families, and the testimonies and heart felt thank yous that have been shared over the pulpit are very touching! I am very excited to get to know these amazing people!

3 Love Notes:

Erin said...

A good ward really does make all the difference in the world. We have made most of our lifelong friends from the wards we have lived in! And good job taking a step and making cookies, more people need to be like you!

The Downs Family said...

Thats awesome you guys have been blessed with such an amazing ward. Jake and I are in the process of finding/buying a home, and that is a big concern for us!

NatRat said...

I am so glad that you love your ward and your neighbors. It really makes it awesome when you have great neighbors and a great ward. Collin and I have been so blessed to have such great neighbors, we love them all...well the bird lady I am not to fond of, but other than that it is great:)