" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, February 23, 2009

Fixations!!!

I have a secret fixation…3 if you want to know the truth!!!
Fixation # - Lip smacking desserts!

I could seriously make candy, delicate desserts or desserts of any kind all day, everyday, if I could! I get a couple magazines that are always packed full of dessert ideas made from scratch and I seriously get SO much personal enjoyment going though them and picking out which ones I am going to make! This new found love of mine just started in December with my recent subscription, so if you ever need any killer recipes let me know…I would love to share!
Fixation #2 - Jeans!

What would it be like to go get a new pair of jeans every week? I seriously LOVE trying on jeans. I didn’t realize how many pairs I really have till Casey and I moved into our new home and I organized my new closet…! But for some reason…I keep buying more! Unfortunately for me…jeans are the one item of clothing that I am willing to spend big bucks on, sure I can find some killer deals, but because I am so picky with my jeans they are still like three times the amount Casey would fork out for his jeans. However, in my defense, a killer pair of jeans can make any girls confidence boost!
Fixation #3 – Shoes!

I have a four tier rack of shoes perfectly displayed under my winter shirts and dresses in my closet - that four tier rack has sufficed until recently where I have become totally obsessed with shoes…they are now taking over the floor of my closet, not in the neatly fashion like they should either. Even perfectly lined up side by side it looks messy! What is going on? My mom would vouch that all growing up she could never just go out and buy me a pair of shoes ‘just because’ – because about 90% of them I wouldn’t like. They were “too girly” or “ugly” – all I wanted was a pair of tennis shoes and my cleats and I was good to go! However, I finally hit that mark…and am now my moms FAVORITE shopping buddy (right mom???) – but especially for shoes! We went to the DSW at the district when they were going out of sale and hit it perfectly! I found 2 pairs of shoes that I really did need (yeah right)and then found out that the total would actually be 40% less than what the clearance tag read…what did we do? Went and found 3 more pairs!!! It was amazing! I can wait till spring so I can actually where my opened toe ones! Geez!
All I have to say about this is: one hot pair of stilettos with my favorite pair of jeans = one blissful me!

8 Love Notes:

Preslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preslee said...

I am like u were, but not only with Shoes, With Clothes also!My Family Hates it and NOw they know just to get me giftcards!!!

Merz said...

I love all 3 of those, To bad my baby bearing, fat a*s wont fit into cute jeans, so i'm stuck with the old navy jeans....dang it. Maybe in my next life.

Erin said...

I don't know one girl that doesn't struggle with addiction for those three things! They are fabulous!

NatRat said...

Your #1 fixation I love too...I could make fun desserts but more than making them, I love to devour them too. It shows that I love to devour them because all my cute (expensive) jeans I have bought don't fit me anymore:( I need to give up the desserts and the candy and be more like you and Casey:)

Jessica Peterson said...

love it! i was coming on to let you know that i've thought about ya a lot lately. hope your well. =) have a great day!

Megs said...

I too love the spring and especially open toed shoes...too bad at this point I can barely see my own toes. Haha!

P.S. I need your new address so you can get an invite to my baby shower that will be up there by where you live; it will be sometime between March 13-22. Thanks!