" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, January 31, 2011

6 Months

Cru is 6 months! I just love this little boy so much I can't stand it!!! We went to the Docs yesterday and this is what we learned...

Weight: 17 pounds 14 ounces - 60th%
Height: 28 inches - 95th%
Head: 17 3/4 inches - 90th%

The poor little man got a newbie nurse, who took FOREVER giving him his shots. She poked his twice in one leg and it took her so long to get the shot ready for the other leg, that he stopped crying and then she poked him again...it was so sad. Casey picked him up off the table and Cru immediantly turned around and gave the nurse his scrunched eyebrow look...like...what the heck is wrong with you? It was pretty funny.

Some of the things Cru does now...
- He has taught himself how to blow raspberries, I think it is super cute.
- He can almost sit up all by himself without toppeling over; he is still a little top heavy and can sit there by himself, but will usually face plant it if I leave him there too long. We are still working on this one.
- He still loves story time and will sit there forever if I just keep reading. His favorite book as of now (well, at least I think) is his touch and feel animal farm book. When I turn the page he knows exactly where to touch to feel the animals fur/skin/nose ect that we are reading about. The poor dogs hair is probably going to be gone here pretty soon.
- He has found his toes, he doesn't suck on them very often like most babies...he mostly just grabs them and looks at them.
- However, he has found his little 'pee pee' if you will and if I dont distract him in the tub, he will just play with it the whole time...dad and I think it is pretty funny though.
- Still loves the tub...last night he stayed in the tub for 25 minutes while I cleaned out and organized the baskets in the lined closet...and I know he would have stayed in even longer if I would have let him. He kicks his legs like crazy in the tub, and water gets everywhere...I cant wait to take him to the pool this summer!
- Last but not least...You have 2 teeth coming in. Your bottom 2 teeth have broke through, and you are handeling it so well! I didnt even know till he started sucking on my hand.

6 months pictures...They turned out so cute! Everyone thought I was crazy for wanting to do pics with just his jeans and a tie on - little did they know how stinking cute they were going to turn out...





This is my favorite...
This is my 2nd favorite...


9 Love Notes:

Katie Hodgkiss said...

Oh my gosh...He is to die for!!! He is so cute shelb!

Chels said...

What a darling! We must have a playdate. Soon. You remind me that I need to find the babes outfits for pictures in March.... :) You can tell that his personality is REALLY starting to come out.

Alisha said...

Oh he is SO cute! The pictures are adorable...I love the one of him in his jeans and a tie.

Summer said...

You totally called it on the tie-it's the best of both worlds. Little chubby tummy AND formal, heehee. He has some pretty awesome expressions going on, too. ;)

Jessica Peterson said...

they all turned out amazingly great rachelle!!! he is such a stud at 6 months!! love the one with the three of you! =)

Williams Tale Overture said...

so cute!!!!

Lauren said...

Those pictures are so cute! I need to come visit you and see this little guy.

Sara said...

Oh my! They are SOOO cute! Love all of them!!

Ben + Laur said...

Oh Shelb! I just want to squeeze him!! I LOVE the one of Case holding him! That is the cutest... AND nice work on the jeans/tie!! A true profresh photographer/madre always knows best! Love you!! Lunch again real soon?? And WTH is up with Bunco??