" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, May 4, 2009

The weekend

Casey and I spent Friday night with some of our good friends the Towner’s – they treated us to Tepanyaki. It was delicious! I had never been there before, it was just like Bonsai. Then we went to Maggie Moos, and I made myself sick! Casey and I haven’t had ice cream in 5 months and even though I only got a small, my stomach was seriously upset! Ill stick with fat free frozen yogurt!
Casey and I stayed up ‘just talking’ on Friday night - we didn’t fall asleep until 1:30am.
We woke up Saturday morning at 7:30 for Casey’s outdoor soccer game up at the U.
It was raining – Oh how I love the rain! I grabbed my umbrella and off we went for 90 minutes of soccer! I sat on our lawn chair and was the only brave wife present. I loved watching mistake after mistake because of the slippery ball and field – the best part? When they would get pushed over or slip in a big mud puddle!

Saturday night we opened our bedroom window and listened to the rain! It reminded me of when I was young, my mom and I would cuddle up in her room, open the blinds and window and just listen to the rain pound against unknown objects. Heavenly!

3 Love Notes:

Merz said...

Gosh you are brave to battle the rain. Good for you. I can't believe how much rain fell! is that a picture of the field he played on? I sure miss you guys.

NatRat said...

I love the rain too. Actually I really only love the rain when it is somewhat warm outside. I love a good lightining storm too.

Erin said...

Falling asleep to the sound of rain is one of my favorite things. My mom used to do the same thing! I miss that.