" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, January 12, 2009

Hard core in the new year…and all water!

My amazing and VERY self-disciplined husband and I, have in fact, been HARD CORE workout-a holics for 17 days and counting. Yes that means we started some of our “New Year Resolutions” 5 days earlier than many of you. Do you have any idea how hard it is to go to a New Years Party that has more delicious food than many of our attended Christmas Parties and have to pass it up? Surprisingly enough…it really wasn’t that hard. I’ve never been good at the so called “diets” I have tried in my lifetime and I DON’T understand those of you who simply starve yourselves to lose those 5 stingy pounds (what is wrong with you? You’re just going to gain it back when you actually start eating whole food again)…and yes, I know who you are! But when Casey and I sat down together and came up with a killer work-out plan that is fun and an eating plan that will help us improve our eating habits in the long run – has made my life, so much easier!!! So praise to you my sweet honey! One exercise that has become my absolute FAV…is plyometrics! Talk about THE hardest workout I have EVER done! Have I ever mentioned that when I played soccer down at SUU that we had 3 a days? Yeah, its that intense…and fun! You should try it!!!!
So, the reason for my incredibly boring post is simply this…Along with “improving out eating habits” we thought it might be a good idea that I (Casey too, but mostly me) give up my caffeine! I was seriously ADDICTED to Coke and Dr. Pepper. My work so opportunely has a soda fountain located in our break room that allowed me access to my morning splurge day in and day out. I couldn’t withhold myself through 11 in the morning to NOT get a soda. As you see, by 10:45 I would already have a caffeine headache from my sad withdrawal. In November I made myself drink an entire water bottle before my first soda, than I could drink. Once I finished my soda, I had to finish another water bottle. And so on and so on. I HATED water! It tastes like nothing! Like, how do you even describe water…its like describing salt to someone. Anyway, for those of you who truly care…I have been soda (meaning caffeine and carbonation) free for officially 17 days! It only took me to day 13 to get past my HORRIBLE headaches…I know, I know, I am super proud of it!
So as I sit here at my desk sipping on my seventh glass of water for the day, I couldn’t help but ponder… “Why is it that I can drink coke after coke after coke and not get sick of it, but by my fourth glass of water I’m like dry heaving?” Just kidding – dry heaving is a little excessive? Hum…I wonder. But soon, when I get another one of those lame (but for some reason I still fill them out and forward them on) “get to know me” emails that ask “what is your favorite drink?” I will proudly be able to say “water”!

5 Love Notes:

Hollie said...

Good job giving up the caffiene, now you need to encourage Russ to do the same. What is this killer workout you and Casey have "come up" with? Haha. :)

Erin said...

Congratulations on the soda! I totally know what you mean about not eating to lose weight...hello people...you gain it back if you ever decide to eat again. What are they thinking? You might be proud of me, my goal this year is to go all year without candy, sweets, or dessert of any kind. I've done it once before and it felt great, so I'm going to do it again.

me said...

oh shelbs... i LOVE water. now we can really be sisters. since you brought it up, i am now complaining because i am having to drink coke lately for my ugly pregnancy migraines that the doctors wont let me have medicine for. coke is gross... just say it a few times with me...

Megs said...

Haha! What was that soda you would always buy when we were in Lubbock? I remember your excitement over finding spare change just so you could get it. Congrats on the new eating and drinking habits :)

NatRat said...

How's the no soda coming? Good I hope and good job on the workouts, they sound great. I admit, I am one of those people that trys to loose the 5 pounds, but I don't starve myself, there are other ways to loose 5 pounds and keep it off than starving yourself:)