" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A dreary attempt of our Christmas festivities!

The title of the post should surely tell you HOW exciting the post will be. However, I am sure you are all DYING to know...so let me share a few things Casey and I did this holiday season. As a disclaimer, my camera was put on bed rest come the 2nd week of December bc of all the holiday family pictures that I took...so sorry for the lack of exciting pictures!
Anyway...the first "Christmas" festivity we had was at my sister-n-laws Stacy house where we had a 'family' competition to see who could build the best gingerbread house...guess who won? Thats right!!! We did! We took home $20 and spent it seeing Twilight, Casey for the first time and me for the third! Thanks Kendall for date night!!!
Then a week later we went to my families annual gingerbread house gathering...no tournament there...we have been doing this for years and my mom goes ALL OUT getting all the candy for it. My dad Mark actually makes the houses out of wood (so technically, I guess they arent "gingerbread" houses...but whatever!) But with the two of them...all of our houses end up being freaking amazing...im not gonna lie...check ours out~

Yeah...that is stone around the bottom! hahahah
Thanks mom and Mark for the once again AMAZING Gingerbread house memories!

If entertaining our family wasnt enough...my mom did it all again with my little sister Alyssa and her friends...it was cute, and they were quite the creative ones! Look how freaking cute she is - I love this girl!

My work gave me a 2 night stay at the Chateaux up in Deer Valley where Casey and spent 2 relaxful days in a romatic suite! We got up there in perfect timing for the Outlets to have some killer sales! It was great.

I'm trying to keep this short and sweet...so bare with me.
Christmas Eve we headed up to Heber for the Edwards Christmas Party which was as always...entertaining with great food! Pam I forgot to tell you HOW much i loved getting up in front of ALL the inlaws and spell "SANTA" with my botty! Thank you so much! hehehe. However, the entertainment really did come from that game!
On the way home from Heber Casey and I started talking about how weird it was going to be to spend Christmas morning by ourselves... being we dont have kids to entertain and siblings and parents were at their homes...I made an attempt to re-create Casey's morning breakfast that his mom always did for his family. (No hard feelings mom...Casey just doesnt get the whole turtles and pepsi with sweet roll thing like we do!)Anyway, Casey did make the Christmas Casserole, which was surprisingly delicious...yes, i did have my doubts. And I made Christas pull-aparts that also to my surprise were divine...(the only reason I say that, is BC I was worried I wasnt going to meet up to the expectations of Christmas morning food that Pam has always prepared! So we had success! Check out how 'cute' my pull-aparts look. (I didnt have a bundt cake pan)

Oh and here is my favorite Christmas decoration...LOVE IT

After Breakfast Casey and I opened our gifts...Casey was so excited to see a Victoria Secret Box, little did he know that inside was a beanie for him. Too funny. And check out this RAD jewelry hanger I got from my mom! I saw it at a boutique Alyssa and I did together and told her about it...It is so dang cute!


Then my dad came and joined us for seconds on breakfast...He was excited for the cologne we got him!

Then later that day we went over to Casey's parents house and opened gifts. We got a COSTCO membership...WOOHOO! We were so excited! We also got a gift card to the movies and a very sweet scrapbook made by Pam of our Family vacation back in October to Oceanside, California. Thank you Thank you for that sweet memory!
Here is a random picture of Hollie and Russ...

Then Casey and I hooked up with my family for our family Christmas tradition of going to the movies and we saw Benjamin Buttons! It was really good...if you havent seen I totally would go!
So...we headed home and when we got off our exit we were stopped by the police making sure we had 4 wheel drive so we could make it to our house...Thankfully we did, but it didnt help much, we couldnt even see two feet in front of us! So if you are wondering why you cant see in this picture...its bc you cant!

So there you are in a nut shell! Hope your holiday season was great!

Oh and I know I look super hott straight out of bed! No worries, I already know. HA

4 Love Notes:

Preslee said...

I have a picture of u spelling Santa with ur bum! U were Really Embarrassed!!!
Glad u had a Good HOLIDAY!

p.s. Do u go to the movies on Christmas Day?

Stacy said...

It was fun hearing about what you and Casey did in your time away from us. Good job on the soda thing by the way...hope you are still doing it. Soda is so bad for you and even worse is diet soda. I heard from Suzanne Sommers that even a tablespoon of diet soda will change a baby's dna. I have not been able to stomach it since. So good job.
You must have gotten the internet because you are posting more. nice choice.

Erin said...

I love our Costco membership. It is worth it just for the savings on gas prices. I'm jealous you got to spend two days in Deer Valley. We went to Park City for our honeymoon and I love it up there (don't tell Steve, but I love it mostly for the shopping!)

And you are right...your gingerbread house rocked!

NatRat said...

What a good Christmas wrap up...sounds like you had a great time. Those gingerbread house's are awesome, put mine to shame...actually everyone's put mine to shame.