" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Lovin Had Us A Blast...

What happened to July? My idea of summer all happens in the month of July - and boy, did it happen all to fast.
So, here are a couple things of what Casey and I did last month...
First off, we have been renting a townhome in Draper for the last 9 months and actually really enjoyed it there. Besides the fact that it was only a 1 bedroom townhome and a little too small for the "entertaining" that Casey and I enjoy doing - we loved it. But at the beginning of the month -- we closed on our new home and moved in. We have been looking for a house that we both LOVED since before we got married, but we finally found it!

Isnt it cute? The inside is almost finished being decorated, so I will post some more pics when it is. Just as a side note - Jenn's husband was our realtor and did an awesome job, so if anyone needs a trustworthy and fantastic realtor let me know!!!
One of our very favorite things to do is spend our weekends out on the lake. With Casey's job, he gets to take out these super expensive boats and we just have a blast with friends and family. I think it is safe to say that we successfully made it to the lake at least once a week but usually twice. It was so much fun and we all had a great time.
This is Casey spinning on his board - I have such an athletic husband who can do the coolest things. Not to mention his sweet flips that he wowed my parents with...


FIREWORKS!!! The 4th of July is by far my most favorite holiday. I love the fireworks, the sound they make and the smell they put off. I honestly just love the whole atmosphere that comes with it.

For the 4th of July, Casey and I went to the BUZZ game with my good friends Laurie and Jenn and their husbands. Us girls had a good time for sure - there is nothing better than a ballpark hotdog and a snowcone. Not to mention...They had killer fireworks after the game - SWEET!

Laurie and I.

For the 24th of July the Van Wagoner family all got together at my sister n' law Stacy's house. They have this huge blow up waterslide that the kids love...and that Casey and Corey love too! Casey cant wait to have one of his own one day (just kidding babe!) But Casey loves taking the little ones down the slide that are scared to go by themselves. It really is cute. I have the funniset picture of Casey and Corey (Casey's older brother) in the pool area at the bottom of the slide just laughing histerically at each other - but I think they would both kill me for posting it.


Casey and Corey...I swear this whole post really is about them...Had a game of add on on the tramp and little Bode was so cute watching them, everytime they did a flip he would get really really excited and start waving his hands all over the place and end it with the sweetest smile. It was too cute.

After the water games we had a yummy BBQ and headed across the street to have a softball game. For some reason Casey and I always get put on seperate teams and I have to be one of the most competitive people ever...so of course my team won!!! Just kidding! But we did.
Here we are - the picture didnt turn out so great. And then the other team - check out Corey's face Alisha gave him a good one!


Oh, and it was my birthday on the 17th. I got a coffee table and a sofa table (I know so exciting, but it is what I wanted) Then we headed off to Mulligans to play some miniture golf with Dave and Cristie. - You still owe us candy by the way! Then ended it with Coldstone!
Well there are a couple things we did in July!

8 Love Notes:

Amylee said...

Busy is right! Your house is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to own a new home one day. With school, and law school headed our way, it's a long way off. Congrats!

kalie said...

Happy birthday, Shelby! It's good to see what you've been up to. Congrats on your GORGEOUS new house. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside.

Lish or Coors said...

It's about time you posted and that picture of me punching Corey is awesome!! Oh and I think you should just post the pic of Casey and Coors......Just do it!!lno

NatRat said...

Looks like you guys have had a crazzzzy summer! I love the house! Excited to see it.

The Richards would LOVE to go out on the boats....:) I would love to see Casey do some of his tricks. He has always been so good at things like that.

P.S...Thanks for the birthday call last night, I appreciated it.

Hollie said...

Love Corey's face when Alisha decked him. I think you should post the pic of Corey and Casey too. Who cares if they've got boobies?

Stacy said...

nice catch up Rachelle, enjoyed your pictures and reading about your summer. I always wonder what you and Casey do when you are not with us.

me said...

The house is awesome! You are too though so you go well with it.

The Downs Family said...

Your house is adorable! Im jealous he he! I hope you guys are doing good, it looks like you have been having fun! Keep in touch.