" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Race for the CURE!!! - May 10, 2007

A couple weekends ago, many of us were able to participate in Susan G. Koman's "Race for the Cure." Amy Erickson, a friend from work, put together our team. She did such a great job and put a lot of work into making this happen. We had so much fun and were so amazed at how many people (including survivors) were there. Those who planned on running the race, couldn't because it was impossible to get around anyone on the street because it was so packed...it really was an incredible sight! Needless to say, when we walked across the finish line, we finished it at an amazing time 1:24:22!!! woohoo! Mom walked the whole way and was such a trooper (I know she wasnt feeling so great that morning). She was all smiles and was so grateful for the support. Our team raised over $4,000 dollars!!! Thanks so much to everyone who helped make this possible! We love you.

Here are a few photos for your enjoyment!

3 Love Notes:

Hollie said...

Glad it went well and your mom had so many supporters! Why wouldn't she?

kalie said...

Shelby,

Thanks for these pictures and for doing this! I'm so proud of you.

Sara said...

How fun!! I bet it was an amazing experience!!