" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Boo to Red Mango


Casey came and took me to lunch today...They just put a Red Mango in across the street from my office building that I have been DYING to try! (I am a huge fat free frozen yogurt fan!) Anyway, everyday I tell myself I’m going to try it, but I just never have. Today was the perfect day, it finally being sunny and all (:
I loved the layout of the place and my first words when we walked in were “Fancy!” However, I quickly saw the prices to their plan… $3.00 for a small frozen yogurt?!?!?!?
Now, step in my shoes for moment…I hit up the Maverick at least 3 times a week and pay for a LARGE filled as full as I can possibly get it without the top falling over for $1.92. I understood that Red Mango needed to make a profit, therefore we stayed and indulged. They only have 3 flavors: Original, Pomegranate and Green Tea – Odd choice of flavors if you ask me, but I got Original and Pomegranate swirl. She then asked if I wanted a topping, OF COURSE! They had fresh raspberries!!! But don’t worry – we had to pay another $1.00 for a topping.
$4.00 for a small 1 topping yogurt? It’s a business strictly relaying on their profit from the yogurt – so once again, I understand! Until… the sweet lady behind the counter handed me my $4 yogurt that was filled only a third of my small cup up and barely soared over the rim – WHAT??? Seriously???
Needless to say, Casey and I will not make another stop at Red Mango!
I think Frogurt in Draper is a little more reasonably priced, but they too only received business from this yogurt junkie once – my next try will be Frozen Yogurt Junction – I just got a coupon for a “buy 1 get 1 free”! Now that’s what I'm talking about!
Needless to say, my tiny yogurt was delicious Pomegranate and Raspberry mixed is divine!
***Note, the above picture is not of my yogurt, in fact, mine was about half the size of this.

8 Love Notes:

Kamille said...

You don't know me I just happened to stalk you today. Did you notice they weigh your yogurt too to make sure they don't give you too much? Try getting a water too. They don't give you tap water and if they are out of the bottled water like they were the night I went you go thirsty.

Sara said...

WHAT?! Ok I LOVE red mango... esp the pom and original swirl!! But they usually fill them way higher. That is crazy!! They are for sure expensive though!! And yes, Trish is in your ward! I love her!! I am not sure when we are starting our stuff... but I think the girls I signed uo with is totally full. Weird cause I thought it would take us a long time, but it only took less thana day!! U guys should put a big group together!!

kalie said...

Hm. Do what we do and ask for giftcards on b-days. Kev and I have had $50 to spend at Coldstone Creamery. It's been great!

Hollie said...

Hmmm. I've only had Red Mango once, loved it, but it was topped with Raspberries, strawberries, and mangos and was a fairly good size, so I wonder how much it cost because I didn't pay for it... Good to know.

Summer said...

I wonder how hard and expensive it would be to make that myself...

Katie Hodgkiss said...

That's really funny. Might I say I love Red Mango, but I only went when I wasn't married and it was on my date. So unless it is free I don't love it! :) I totally know how you feel.

Erin said...

I couldn't agree more. It was a rip off! Especially since they only give you like seven raspberries.

Whitney said...

Frozen Yogurt is my FAVORITE!!! I go to Maverick all the time, almost every day! I have actually never heard of Red Mango, but it sounds delicious! It's good to know that it is way too expensive, but I don't know if you have heard that they are offering free yogurt today from 12-4!