" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Its time!

Its time!

We got our family pictures taken with all of Casey's family for his parents Christmas gift. Poor little Cru, I felt like an awful mom taking him out when he was all RSV'd up. But he was a champ...we even got a picture of him smiling. Doesn't surprise me though - you would have never known the little guy was sick.
So, it took one look at the huge shot of the fam for me to realize that its TIME for me to start working out again. I keep thinking, its only been 4 months and my c-section incision is still numb - but seriously, will ever not be? Anyway, Ive every once in a while been riding the bike, doing P90X or Insanity...but for some reason, I just cant get into it. This is how my mind works..."Cru will be alseep for about an hour, do I get in the shower or do I work out?" The shower ALWAYS wins. Bummer!
So I decided to take an easier approach. I tried to find something that will only take a couple of weeks and is somewhat easy to get back into the swing of things and to help tone up my arms and tummy...what else is there...PUSHUPS and SITUPS!!! So I am doing the 100 pushup and 200 situp challenge. Its 6 weeks and on the last day...Ill be able to do 100 pushups and 200 situps straight. Im totally excited about it. Casey and I did the 'initial test' to rank ourselves last night. Casey pumped out 45 pushups like it wasnt anything, and I could barely make it up on numerb 15. You would think that toting a baby around for the past 4 months would have helped - it didnt. So there you have it, I can only do 15 man pushups and in 6 weeks it will be 100!

6 Love Notes:

Chels said...

I LOVE this picture! It is so cute! You are way too hard on yourself. You look great, however, I know the feeling. Good luck!

Erin said...

I don't know if I could do 15 pushups. I'm excited to hear how the six weeks go! Cru is honestly handsome. Beautiful family.

The Downs Family said...

Ha Ha Ha you crack me up! I think you look great, but I totally know how ya feel! Great job on the 15 push ups though :) I can barely do 5 ha ha ha so maybe I should do this with ya :) Can you add something for your butt too lol I guess Ill be doing some lunges also ;)

Whitney said...

He is such a handsome little boy!!! Beautiful family! Hopefully we'll get to see you when we come up for Christmas!

Merz said...

Jane is 2 and a half and i still haven't started working out!! haha! and 2 and a half years later after i attempt to work out my incision still kills, i walk hunched over for about an hour after sitt ups. I wish we lived closer so we could workout together, its always easier with a buddy! I LOVE your family picture!

NatRat said...

You have Insanity? I wanna try?