" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Okay Okay

So I did a little research...I had to vent okay? I really do think it was those dang deer! Remember my post last year about how much I LOVE deer? Both homes that Casey and I have lived in are surronded by deer and I LOVE seeing them everynight as I drive home. So, I guess I can forgive them this one time...I didnt understand why my Hyacinths and Daffodils werent eaten, but it is because deer do not like them. So, atleast they saved those for my enjoyment!
I found an article about what plants/flowers deer like. It said to "keep them away by hanging bars or soap or bags of hair around your yard" - okay white trash! No thanks!
So, my friends, if you live near me - do you mind planting some Tulips in your yard so the deer will come eat yours instead of mine? They are one of their favorite treats!!!

5 Love Notes:

Tom And Hailee said...

Sorry that happened...I was reading also if you want to deter them from your yard plant certain smelly plants like lavender near other plants...Anyway this website has a lot of info...I was looking into it the other day since tulips are my fav and out here in herriman we always have deer. http://www.gopetsamerica.com/garden/tips/deer-proofing-yard-garden.aspx

Chels said...

I'm sorry about your little deer problem. Tell them to go home. :)

angi bradley said...

I could see how the snipping of deer teeth could be easily mistaken for scissor snipping... kinda funny. FYI, Did you know we are due on the same day? How are you feeling?

Megs said...

I feel bad that I am laughing so hard! I'm saddened by your loss of tulips, but I read this post first, then read the previous venting one, all the while knowing that you later came to the conclusion that deer were the culprits. It is way funny, but sad at the same time. I totally love my flowers in front of our house and would be totally angry at the tulip snippers too!

Also here's a heads up, babies like to eat flowers too. One time Gary let Tucker pick out some flowers for me and Tucker ended up eating some of them. When I have him outside to help me pull weeds and stuff, he always tries to eat them.

Lauren said...

It's true, deer love tulips, my mom could never plant them in the places we lived because they would seek and destroy:). I'm sorry though that totally stinks. I love the story about Casey painting your toe nails!