" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, January 11, 2010

And then we'll be 3!

Casey had a lousy birthday back in November...it was on Sunday (which is lousy all in itself, but beside the point) - I woke up sick, sicker than sick! I didnt make him breakfast, I didnt get out of bed to go to church or to try and entertain him, I didnt give him his present...nice...Happy 26th babe!
We did make it to his moms for dinner though (barely) - After much complaining about it, Casey said "You never act like this when you are sick! We're going to stop and get you a pregnancy test." I didnt really think much about it, because to top off every flu symptom - I was having serious 'menstrual crapms'. But we did stop at Walmart on the way to Casey's parents, I had a roll and didnt enjoy any birthday cake...and then we headed home. Once we got home, I headed straight to the bathroom so I could quickly jump back into bed, I took a magazine in there with me so I could wait to see what the ‘result’ was.
Here is a play by play – and even more information than you wanted to know (;
I unwrapped the test, took a seat, peed on the stick, set it on the counter, opened my magazine, looked back at the test (just to see if it was working – it said it would flash if it was) and BAM!!!
“PREGNANT”
Not even 25 seconds had passed and there it was!
Casey knocked on the bathroom door and said “hey, did you take that test in there with you?”
Still in shock I choked out “yep.”
I shouldn’t have been surprised, we had been trying for quite some time – but after getting “Not Pregnant” month after month, you kind of expect that same answer.
After starring at the test for like 3 minutes, wiping away my tears and trying to get a hold of my composure, I placed the cap back on the test – And headed back to the bedroom with “PREGNANT” in my hand.
Casey was lying in bed, I flipped on the lights and waited for him to ask.
He did, “SOOOOO???”
I just handed him the stick. His jaw dropped, his eyes widened and he quickly sat up and exclaimed, (sorry Pam, but he was excited) “Are you shitin’ me???” Not “shitin” in a bad way (you have to know Casey, he doesn’t swear very often, in fact he only does it when he is SUPER excited about something…or, a little slip out on the soccer field).
He jumped up and wisped me off my feet – we were and are ecstatic!
I'm 12 weeks pregnant and Baby Van Wagoner is due July 24th!

So...Casey ended up not having a bad birthday after all!!!

28 Love Notes:

Erin said...

Holy cow! I am BEYOND excited for you. Congratulations! How have you been feeling? Are you going to find out boy or girl? Seriously, I am so thrilled for you guys.

Whitney said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We are so happy for you guys! Three is a good number! You guys deserve some good news in your family!

Nichol Family said...

Congrats, having a baby is the best thing ever!!!

Amylee said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I bet that was an awesome birthday. Hope you are feeling better! Knowing that it is all for a good cause helps you deal with the sickness, doesn't it?

Alisha said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. Now we just need to get Deanna on the band wagon:) My husband didn't believe the 1st test I took so he made me get up early and take another before we went off to work. If you're feeling sick (I was very good friends with my toilet my 1st trimester) try gingerale or lemon drops. Those seemed to help me.

Chels said...

You are good secret keepers! I can't wait for even a couple days to tell people! Congratulations!! We're excited to find out if it is a boy or girl! Hope you are feeling better.

Tom And Hailee said...

Congratulations we are so happy for you!! We are back in town so we need to plan something. Call me!!

Lauren said...

YEA!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!! YEA!!! You will be awesome parents:).

Summer said...

Congratulations!! Wow- I'm due about a week before, but everyone knew we were expecting back in November- haha! We'd planned on July for quite a while, so everyone was already wondering if it worked or not. I couldn't really lie about it... ;D
You guys have so much in store! This first pregnancy is so exciting! Hope you've been feeling okay!

kalie said...

!!!!! That is very very very very exciting! Post ultrasound pictures soon.

Hollie said...

Once again, so happy for you, especially after hearing the story.

Unknown said...

Wow what an awesome birthday present!!! How exciting. And that story is hilarious! We are so thrilled for you both! Congrats!

Sara said...

YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! And how in the heck do you make it 12 weeks without knowing your pregnant?!! I am really not kidding when I say I find out at 2 weeks... which makes for a long pregnancy!! Congrats!! I am so excited and what a great birthday present!! YAY!!

Megs said...

WHAT?! It is the best thing that happened to us! I am so excited for you!

The Frame Family said...

What a great present! How exciting! Congrats you guys!

Rebecca said...

There's no way to even articulate how ecstatic I am :). I really, really can't wait to hold that little one and welcome her to earth! (I said 'him' last time...). WOOHOO!!! Love you forever, like you for always, forever and every my babies you'll be! 143 24/7 365 xoxoxo NANA

NatRat said...

I am so so so excited for you guys! That is a great story! I am hoping the sickness goes away soon, you will soon be 13 weeks and that is usually when it leaves...lets hope.

Vrska's said...

YEAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Being a parent is the best thing in the whole world. You'll love it! Hope your sickness gets better. . .

The Downs Family said...

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! Everytime I check your blog I am just waiting and hoping to see these lovely announcment! And YEAH here it is! Congrats Im so excited for you guys, you will both be great parents :)

Cam and Linds said...

Congrats!! How exciting!! I hope you start to feel better, don't worry it's gets better.

Jessica Peterson said...

AWESOME! Oh my gosh I'm sooo excited for you Rachelle! Congrats!

Jacob Butler said...

Wow! That is so awesome. Congratulations.

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Congrats to both of you! SOO happpy for you guys...you are going to be such cute parents! xoxo

Lindsey Sharp said...

Congrats! that is so exciting!!!

Jess and Derek said...

Yay! Congrats- it's the best!

Williams Tale Overture said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!

heidi said...

I have been blog stocking you for about 10 minutes.. (while at work) and I must say you are adorable. I am happy for you and Casey. Congratulations!

heidi said...

Haha, I just realized I spelled stalking wrong. I'm an idiot.