" I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that LOVING is the best calorie burner. I believe kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, April 30, 2012

A much needed update.

This post is going to be mostly about Cru, again. But before I start, I thought I would share that we are expecting baby #2 in 9 short weeks (in case you didnt already know). Baby boy will be here on June 29th.

We also went to Orlando and Jacksonville 2 weeks ago...Next post I guess.

As for Cru News...
My baby, isnt a baby anymore. He is 21 months, going on 5.
Some of my very favorite things he does right now are...
- He knows the entire alphabet by site.
- Can count to 10 by himself.
- Knows up to 10 by site as well.
- Gives me hugs and kisses whenever I want.
- Thinks butterfly kisses are HILARIOUS!
- Can spot/hear an airplane like nobodys business.
- Is stinkin fast.
- When he has something that I need and doesnt want to give it up, I say "Cru may I please have that?" and he'll turn and say "Pease, no. Pease."
- He is VERY polite. He says thank you after everything we give him and says 'Es You' when you sneeze.
- He loves Boggs (his panda bear) and his fuzzy blankie.
- Asks to say prayers EVERY night without fail. And will fold his arms (for about 20 seconds). And then he will make Boggs fold his arms.
- Asks to go potty (I think this is a good sign!)
- Aks to "go play" when he wants to go outside.
- When he thinks one of us is being silly or funny he'll say "Oh mommy" or "Oh daddy" ect.
- He knows where almost every part on his body is.
- Loves the song "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and jumps at the right part everytime!
- Thinks working in the basement with his dad is the BEST THING EVER.
- Loves hats.
- Strokes the back of my hair when I am holding him.
- Will STILL read books for hours. His favorite one as of late is "Peep Peep" (Thomas the train)
- Loves Elmo. I am not sure where this obsession came with???
- Is learning his colors...He knows Purple and will tell you when something is purple. He also does descent with Blue, Yellow and Green.
- Tries really hard to A R T I C U L A T E. Its hilarious when he tries to do Yellow. He sticks his tounge out and everything.
- Can recognize shapes. Circle is his obvious favorite and will point it our everywhere we go and draw it on the shower glass.

6 Love Notes:

Amylee said...

UM, whaaaat?! 9 weeks is soon! Belated congratulations. I hope you post some pictures of Cru since it has been awhile since we last saw him. I've actually been thinking a lot about you lately and it was so great to get a quick update. Hope YOU are doing well.

Amylee said...

PS- He's really smart. Half of my preschool class that is going in to Kindergarten in September doesn't know HALF of the alphabet by sight.

Erin said...

I had know idea you were going to have a baby...especially not in 9 weeks. Congratulations and best of luck.

As for Cru, he is adorable. My husband always says that 18-24 months is his favorite age for kids. They learn so much and express themselves!

Summer said...

Wow- I can't believe you're due so soon!! I hope the next update comes sooner, too- ha. ;)

Wow- Cru is really bright! My oldest was doing the same things early, and I taught her to read when she was two. An unforseen problem with it, though... it's actually kind of more responsibility now- to keep her challenged, (which is super important to me- I got lazy in school because of the same "problem",) she has to do work two grade levels ahead, and Nevada won't let you skip even one. So we're stuck homeschooling her. Just a heads up, haha- you might want to start looking into schools that can handle him!

I bet he'll be the best big brother- so exciting!

Chels said...

He is such a cutie, and is going to make such a good big brother! Baby will be here before you know it! Can't wait to meet him!!!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

Gees, he's so smart! Congrats on baby 2, that's so exciting!